The portfolio is set up in the same way as a traditional portfolio. Hodl.nl uses a bottom-up strategy to distribute the investments in the funds.
The first layer – the foundation – is the most important part of the investment. It consists of renowned digital currencies with proven technology. The coins are characterized by good liquidity, listings on multiple exchanges, and a proven track record.
- CoinMarketCap top-50 listing based on market capitalization;
- Minimum average daily volume of $ 5 million;
- Tradable on at least 4 well-known exchanges.
The second layer – the floor – consists of cryptocurrencies with a technological application and / or blockchain developed by renowned teams, demonstrated practical use-cases, and great potential.
- CoinMarketCap’s top-200 listing based on market capitalization;
- Minimum average daily volume of $ 1 million;
- Tradable on at least 3 well-known exchanges.
The third layer – the top – is a limited part of the portfolio and contains speculative cryptocurrencies of which the business model has yet to prove itself but with strong growth expectations. ICOs (Initial Coin Offering) and STOs (Security Token Offering) are also part of this category. Hodl.nl’s ecosystem offers early access to these high risk-high reward opportunities.